Wednesday 29 July 2015

Radisson Blu Resort- Fujairah’s Hidden Gem


Hey Guys,
If you all read my posts, you know how much I love staycations. No travel hassle and a blissful couple of days away from the grind. Last weekend I got to check out a “sassy” resort and spa nestled near the mountains of Dibba, Fujairah. You might miss it and drive past going towards the popular Al Aqah beach area, as it’s the very first resort on the line - but DON’T - as it’s one of the best beach properties in the emirate.  

Why I Loved It?
I was blown away by how huge the resort is! Couldn’t tell from the outside or the website. But it’s MASSIVE, with 3 buildings and five swimming pools stretched along the shoreline! 
Add along friendly smiles, the “Yes, I can” attitude of the entire staff, and amazing massage therapists are what made this trip truly memorable. Everything was planned to perfection from the word go by F&B Manager Mr. John and the oh so lovely GM Mr. Frank Eikeland - a passionate Norwegian by heart and thorough veteran in the hospitality industry. 
Thank you so much for the wonderful experience!

Accomodation;
My sister and I along with the kids stayed at the very spacious one bedroom suite - so airy that the kids had the entire hall with 2 beds and television area, toilet, dining area and coffee area to themselves, while we were free to kick back and relax and get some “me time” in! I strongly recommend getting this room when travelling with children; they won’t be in your hair all the time and soak in the luxury too! 



Food & Beverage; 
The Chicken tandoori pizza and steak fries at the Grand Blue Pool Bar & Restaurant were my ultimate go to during the entire stay - and the kids agreed! Apart from that, great milkshakes to beat the heat and ice buckets to keep your cocktails chilled make this place a great all day hangout.
The Bread selection was a dream!
BBQ Night Feast
Dessert Platter!
Breeze - All Day Dining is their main restaurant; to be honest the selection was not too vast but whatever was their tasted quite good. Their bread station along with the variety of spreads was to die for. Did I mention the kids only stayed put at their live yummilicious waffles and pancake station? One of the best things at Breeze about taking your family was that the kids selection for lunch & dinner buffet was extensive and made the adults envious - must admit I sneaked in quite a few fries & nuggets myself!

From the in-room service I recommend the Lamb Shank, Nasi Goreng and the Baked Cheesecake!

 What to do around the resort;

Let’s start with the amazing fact that they had not one or two but FIVE outdoor swimming pools! There’s one where I saw lots of families, one with the pool bar where I saw lots of couples, a toddler splash area, a Jacuzzi/hot tub one, and lastly one where I saw fitness minded serious swimmers doing laps. Yes, I stayed away from that one ;p
Congratulations!
The WATER SPORTS CENTRE has a lot to offer so we were torn between going for the banana boat ride, the donut ride and the many others that have family entertainment in mind.
 The DIVE Centre was fabulous and had Scuba Diving sessions to the wonderful little snorkeling trips you can go for to catch the abundant sea life in this part of the world. Wait for the best part of this experience…we actually saw one of the guests go underwater while scuba diving and give a startling marriage proposal! Hurray, as she did say YES. The wedding is in two weeks so let’s wish them luck and love <3


The O2 Spa;
No resort experience is complete without a visit to their Spa. It’s like going to the
Cheesecake Factory and not having the cheesecake! 
I recommend the Deep Tissue Massage for those like me who have extremely tense and sore muscles and also the amazing Four Hands Massage which was recommended by the GM Frank.  My therapists, Sunita and Dawa were highly skilled and knew exactly where to put pressure to rid you of any stiffness you may have. I left feeling energized, soothed and pampered all at the same time.

Alright then, hope you have a wonderful stay there soon.

Till my next adventure, happy travels :)
 








No comments:

Post a Comment